The term rheumatism refers to diseases which affect to bones, muscles and articulations of the body and they produce pain. There are many diseases related with this illness and we treat them in the Institute of Thalassotherapy El Palasiet, it would not be possible to speak about all of these diseases, so speak about some of them which are demanded most of all by our clients although we treat all of them and you can ask for information in our medical questionnaire according to your needs.
The treatments of our centre of thalassotherapy for main rheumatic indications are as follows: :
- Fibromyalgia is a chronic illness characterized by fatigue, pain and muscular rigidity and the active swimming pool with sea water and seaweeds and marine mud in combination with electrotherapy are used to treat it.
- Arthrosis is a chronic disease which provokes the progressive deterioration of the cartilage of the articulations producing pain and rigidity. The treatment consists of the using sea water baths with muds and electrotherapy. We also recommend exercises of yoga and taichí which help to dissipate the pain caused by stress.
- Arthritis is an inflammation of one or various articulations and it appears as painful swelling which limits the movements. The medical staff of our centre of thalassotherapy recommends exercises to treat it as well as therapeutic massages, rehabilitation in the active swimming pool with sea water and hydrotherapeutic baths.
- Osteoporosis is characterized by demineralization of the skeleton and it affects, above all, women during the perimenopausic period. In the Institute of Thalassotherapy El Palasiet we recommend exercises with physiotherapist, massages and sea water swimming pool.
- Tendinitis is an inflammation (with irritation and swelling) of the structure which join the bone with a muscle named tendon. The definition and treatment will depend on the muscle where it will appear.